- Kaneohe Neighborhood Board Emergency Preparedness Committee. Promoting the HHARP program.
- Thrive Life, Long Term Storage Food and the importance of being prepared.
- C&C, Department of Emergency Management promoting CERT
- Amateur Radio Emergency Response Service talking about emergency communications, family service radios and the role of HAMs in an emergency.
- Army Corps of Engineers, presentation on Windward Oahu Training Ranges and the danger of unexploded ordinance.
- NOAA Weather Service discussing hurricane and tsunami preparedness.
|Locally-Relevant Hazard Information Provided to Residents||Type/Format||Approximate Number People Contacted||Verification|
|Dangers of unexploded Ordinance in abandoned military training areas||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature||1500|
|Tsunami and Storm readiness||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature||1500|
|Need to have food and water for a week to a month.||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature, dried food samples||1500|
|Need to know how to take care of self, family and neighbors (CERT)||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature||2000|
|Need to organize community to facilitate response to disaster, HHARP, CERT||talking with people and distributing literature||1500|
|Neighborhood Watch and organizing neighborhoods, Community Policing||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature||500|
|Need for families and neighborhoods to be able to communicate their needs||booth displays, talking with people and distributing literature||750|
Special thanks to Jon Hanks and Bill Sager who maned the KNB table throughout the day.